Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I register?
How will I know if I got into a class?
- There are 5 ways to register for a class:
- Online Registration- You can self-register for classes 24/7 on this site by clicking 'Sign in' on left menu bar.
If this is your first time registering on this site, click 'Create New Student Profile' and build your own account. Next, click Courses on left menu bar to browse through our online catalog. When you find one or more classes you want to take, add them to your shopping cart, when all classes are in the shopping cart you can complete your registration via our secure web site.
- By Phone: Call our office at 434-797-8418. Be sure to have your credit card available and be ready to provide us with the card number and card expiration date.
- By Fax: Complete registration form on the inside back cover of the catalog. Include personal contact numbers. Fax to DANVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE 434-797-8583. Someone will call you so you may privately relay your credit card information and expiration date.
- By mail: Mail your completed Registration Form with check or money order to: DANVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Business Office, 1008 South Main Street, Danville, VA 24541-4004
- In person: You may register in person at our Regional Center for Advanced Technology and Training office at
DANVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, 121 Slayton Avenue----Room: 123
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m..
- When you self-register, and after completing your credit card payment, you are registered and will receive a class confirmation and transaction receipt via email.
- If you register by phone or mail and include an email address, you will receive an email confirmation and transaction receipt once your registration is processed.
- If you do not provide an email address, we do not send a confirmation by mail. You can confirm your registration by contacting the following individuals:
What are your refund policies?
- Refund policies may vary according to class type.
- Our general policy requires that we be notified at least 4 days prior to the class start date in order for you to qualify for a refund.
- For refund policy details on specific classes please visit our Refund Policies page or call 434-797-8419 or 434-797-8418.
- Tuition Refund
- Students are eligible for a tuition refund if they drop classes or withdraw from the College on or before the refund deadline date, which is published each semester in the Class Schedule.
- The add/drop form or withdrawal form must be processed by the Admissions Office.
- No refunds will be considered after the announced date unless the student has encountered severe medical problems, which relate directly to the individual student, or in case of an administrative error by the College.
- Before any consideration can be made, the student must appeal to the following deans
- Dean of Instruction and Student Development and
- Dean of Financial and Administrative Services
- Please refer to the College Calendar for the deadline for tuition refund for full semester courses. Classes of shorter duration may have a different withdrawal deadline.
- Note: The tuition refund policy and the deadline dates are established by State policy. Please contact the Admissions Office if you have questions.
What if I cannot attend a course as planned?
- If you need to withdraw from a class, you must notify us at 434-797-6437 or send notification to the attention of Marlene Seamster at DANVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, 1008 South Main Street, Danville, VA 24541-4004 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two full days before the class starts to be eligible for a refund / receive a refund.
When there is low enrollment are classes cancelled?
- In most cases we require at least 10 students for a class to proceed. You will be notified by email or telephone if your class is cancelled. DANVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE reserves the right to cancel classes with insufficient enrollment. If we have to cancel your class, you can request a full refund of your tuition or transfer to another course of your choice, space permitting.
When is a course cancelled?
- DANVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE makes every effort to maintain the schedule of courses as announced in our catalog. However, we reserve the right to cancel courses, change instructors, switch rooms, and combine classes when necessary without previous announcement. DANVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE is not bound by printing errors in our publication.
How do I use this website?
- Browse our catalog online:
- Click courses from the left menu bar.
- Peruse by content area, search by keywords in the class name or description, and/or search by course number or class id. Full class descriptions can be found by clicking the class name.
- View a printed catalog by selecting the view catalog image in the top left corner of this website.
- Sign in: If you are new to our site, you must create a new student profile. Creating a profile provides you with your own personal, password-protected account. Having an account will allow you to register online and track your class registrations. Click "sign in" from the left menu bar and follow the prompts.
When building your profile, items marked with a red asterisk are required. We highly recommend using your email address as your login. The demographic information collected is optional, and is used by the college strictly for planning and statistical purposes. You will receive a copy of your username and password via email for future reference.
Once you create your student profile (and on subsequent visits after you sign in), you will see menu options that allow you to edit your profile, check your current registrations, and view your transactions and transcript.
- Register Online:
- Browse through the catalog.
- When you find a class you are interested in, click “add to cart” button.
- Continue shopping and when you are finished, from the shopping cart, click “check out.
- Read and agree to the class refund policy, and click “check out” again.
- Complete your registration on our secure site with your credit card. You can print your transaction receipt and class confirmation for your records
- In addition, you will receive a class confirmation and transaction receipt via email.
How do I print a receipt?
- To print a receipt for any classes, just sign in and select "My Transactions" from the left menu bar and locate the class. Under "Action", select "Print View" and print your receipt.
How do I print my transcript?
- To print a current transcript of classes, just sign in and select "My Transcript" from the left menu bar. In the upper left corner is an export link, select the format you would like and print. If you need an official transcript, please contact our Information Specialist at 434-797-8510.
How do I update my profile?
- You may edit or update your student profile at any time. After signing in, access the link entitled “My Profile” to change any of the information. Click “Edit” at the bottom of the page. You may then edit any the profile fields. When you are finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Submit”.
What are your policies for payment of fees?
- When you self-register payment is by credit card only; we accept: American Express, Discover, MasterCard or VISA. We do accept payment by cash, check, or money order however, this requires you to mail in your registration, or come to our office at: 1008 South Main Street, Danville, Wyatt Building, and Room 103.
If your registration is paid by your employer, Dislocated Worker Organization, or another third party please contact us at 434-797-8419/8418 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I know if there is space available?
- If a class is already filled a waiting list button appears and you have the option of placing yourself on the waiting list. If a seat becomes available we will contact you.
How do I access ed2go classes?
- If you registered for an ed2go class, you will access your class through this web site via the following steps:
- Sign in to this web site, http://www.ed2go.com/danville/
- Click the Current Registrations dashboard or the menu link on left NAV bar
- Locate your class then click the “Enroll Now” link
- NOTE: You will also receive these instructions in your class confirmation.
If I am not sure what class to take, who can help me?
- We have a number of program planners who would be happy to answer your questions. Please contact us at 434-797-8573 or email email@example.com to get connected to the right person.
Continuing Education Waiver: DANVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE assumes no liability for accidents that occur while participating in Continuing Education classes and provides no funds to cover medical costs. Participants are reminded that participation is entirely voluntary and are strongly urged to have their own health insurance. It is understood that participation is voluntary at DANVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE.